A trowel-applied leveling compound that sticks to most substrates
Sakrete B-1 Leveler is a trowel applied leveling material designed to be used over both concrete and wooden surfaces.
In this application, it is being used to level two concrete slabs. While the upper slab is perfectly level, the lower slab has a pitch to it. This pitch prevents using a self leveling material and makes B-1 trowel grade material the perfect choice.
Be sure the floor has been cleaned and washed to remove any dust or debris that could interfere with bonding. NOTE: When mixed correctly, B-1 has a very thick consistency. DO NOT over water to make the product easier to trowel. This will lower the bond and the strength.
- B-1 can be used over wood or concrete surfaces, up to 2 inches in thickness. Use a trowel to apply B-1. Continue to work into place until the full thickness is obtained. NOTE: B-1 is a rapid setting material and will become to stiff to trowel in about 15 minutes, depending on temperature and humidity.
- Begin by adding over three quarters of the required water to a five gallon pail, then add the B-1. The best way to mix B-1 is to use a power drill with a mixing paddle, add the remainder of the water as needed.
- Be careful when mixing to keep a firm grip on the bucket to prevent it from spinning once you turn the drill on. When mixed properly, B-1 had a very thick consistency.
- Make sure that the floor has been cleaned and washed to remove all dust that might interfere with bonding, then using a trowel, apply B-1 to the surface.
- Continue to work into place until the full thickness is obtained. When mixed properly, B-1 will be stiff, do not over water in an attempt to make the product easier to trowel, this will weaken the bond and lower the strength.
- B-1 is a rapid setting material, it will become too stiff to trowel within fifteen minutes, depending on temperature and humidity. It is best not to mix two twenty five pound bags at one time.
- In addition to applying B-1 over concrete, it can also be used over wood or tile provided that the surface does not have any loose or deteriorated material.
- Mixing container
- Measuring container
- Finishing Trowel
—This video is provided by Sakrete, one of ProTradeCraft's advertisers. A leader in concrete and concrete-related products for 80 years, Sakrete led the way for premixed bagged concrete and was the first company to provide concrete specified for strength, not proportion, which continues today. View all of Sakrete's content